- Community Services
- Program Information
- Public Service Programs
Public Service Programs
As an Entitlement City under the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program of the U. S Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), the City of Miami Gardens Community Services Department recognizes the need to supplement social service programs intended for low-to-moderate-income residents. Each year a maximum of 15% of the City's CDBG Entitlement funding is set aside to fund Public Service Programs that will serve the low-to-moderate income residents of the City. A formal Request For Proposals (RFP) Process is conducted each year to solicit proposals from non-profit 501 (c)3 organizations. Programs that are awarded funding through this RFP are typically contracted for a 1-year term, beginning on October 1.
The City has established priorities (outlined in our consolidated plan) with the limited funding available for the Public Services category. Public services can encompass a number of activities. Below is a partial list of services that can be funded.
- Financial Literacy (Asset Building)
- Job Training and Job Creation Programs
- Public Safety Programs
- Recreational Programs
- Services for Homeless Individuals and/or Families
- Services for Persons With Developmental Disabilities
- Services for Seniors - (Must Be a Minimum Age of 62 Years or Disabled if Less Than 62 Years)
- Services for Youth - (Must Be 18 Years of Age or Younger)
- Transportation Services
Eligible Population for Services
Eligibility of individuals to be served under these programs is based on household income. Only individuals and households that are at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) can qualify for services funded under these programs. For a chart of the income limits, Please note the Income Limits will change around April of each year.
View our Income Limits 2022 (PDF) document.
2022 Public Services RFP
The application process for the 2022 Public Service RFP will open on Monday, September 19, 2022 at 12:01 am.
The City of Miami Gardens will begin accepting proposals for its 2022-2023 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Public Service Program on Monday, September 19, 2022 at 12:01 am. This Request For Proposals (RFP) is a formal solicitation. Non-profit 501(c)3 organizations that provide public services to low-income Miami Gardens residents are eligible to apply under this RFP. The timeline for the proposal process is as follows:
- Technical Assistance Mandatory Workshop will be held on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 10:00am.
- Technical Assistance Workshop (Mandatory Make-up Session) will be held Thursday, September 22, 2022 at 10:00am. (click here)
- RFP Available: Monday, September 19, 2022 at 12:01am.
- Deadline for Submission of Proposals: September 29, 2022 at midnight.
Proposals must be submitted via Publicservices@miamigarden-fl.gov. Proposals will not be accepted in person. Please see the attached for the Zoom Meeting link (PDF). To begin the application process please click here Version OptionsPublic Service ProgramsHeadline.
For questions, please email us at Publicservices@miamigarden-fl.gov.